Mode d'emploi Alpina SF-1305 Fer à Repasser - Notice page 5
1. STEAM IRONING Filling the reservoir
2. Check that the plug is disconnected from the socket.
3. Move the steam selector (3) to “0”.
4. Open the lid (2).
5. Raise the tip of the iron to help the water enter the opening without overflowing.
6. Slowly pour the water into the reservoir using the special measure (15) and taking care not to go over the maximum
level (about 300ml) indicated by “MAX” on the reservoir.
7. Close the lid (2).
Selecting the temperature.
- Put the iron in a vertical position.
- Put the plug in the socket.
- Adjust the thermostat knob (11) according to the international symbol on the garment label [Fig. 3]. The plate
temperature control light (9) indicates that the iron is heating up. Wait until the plate temperature control light goes
off before ironing. Warning: during ironing, the plate temperature control light (9) comes on at intervals, indicating
that the selected temperature is maintained. If you lower the thermostat temperature after ironing at a high
temperature, do not start ironing until the plate temperature control light comes on again.
Selecting the steam.
The quantity of steam is regulated by the steam selector (3).
- Move the steam selector to a position between minimum and maximum depending on the quantity of steam
required and the temperature selected [Fig. 1]. Warning: the iron gives off steam continuously only if you hold the
iron horizontally. You can stop the continuous steam by placing the iron in a vertical position or by moving the
steam selector to “0”. As indicated on the thermostat knob (11) and in the initial table, you can only use steam at the
highest temperatures. If the selected temperature is too low, water may drip onto the plate.
Selecting Shot-steam and steam when ironing vertically.
Press the shot-steam button (5) to generate a powerful burst of steam that can penetrate the fabrics and smooth the
most difficult and tough creases. Wait for a few seconds before pressing again. By pressing the shot-steam button at
intervals you can also iron vertically (curtains, hung garments, etc.). Warning: the shot-steam function can only be used
at high temperatures. Stop the emission when the plate temperature control light (9) comes on, than start ironing again
only after the light has gone off.
To iron w/o steam, follow the instructions in section “steam ironing”, leaving the steam selector (3) on position “0”.
Make sure that there is water in the reservoir. Press the spray button (4) slowly (for a dense spray) or quickly (for a
vaporized spray). Warning: for delicate fabrics, we recommend moistening the fabric beforehand using the spray
function (4), or putting a damp cloth between the iron and the fabric. To avoid staining, do not use the spray on silk or
The self-cleaning feature cleans inside the plate, removing impurities. We recommend using it every 10-15days.
- Fill the reservoir up to the maximum level indicated and set the steam selector
- Set the thermostat knob (11) to the maximum temperature and wait for the light (6) to turn off.
- Pull the plug out of the socket and hold the iron horizontally over the sink.
- Hold the cleanout button (12) setting until all the boiling water, steam, and impurities come out.
- When the soleplate has cooled down, you can clean it with a damp cloth.
1. This iron is designed with anti-calcium filter and anti-drip system to prevent the water from licking to the soleplate
when the iron is too cold.
2. The surge steam provides an extra burst which ideal for removal of stubborn creases and wrinkles.
3. This iron has a vertical steam system for hanging clothes, curtains, wall hangings etc.